Thursday, April 8, 2010

Chapter 1 - Preserving individuality

I started this blog in early 2010 with a nagging thought in my head. It is one of those things that writers always talk about. One of those things that refuse to leave your mind no matter how hard you try to dismiss them or chuck them aside. This is the story of that thought. This blog is an outlet for that thought. A breathing space, a stage, a book, a life line to that thought that was yearning for attention.I've always held a keen observation of people and especially children and whilst growing up, I pondered over how most people ended up living a similar kind of life. It was as though life was that simple. 5 steps. Study, work, get married, have children and then have an affair. And repeat that all over again. Ok so maybe I have a tendency to oversimplify things, but you get the gist of it. I found it extremely hard to comprehend how each of one us, with such disparate backgrounds and personalities could all fit into one general mould of life. It was this that was incredibly disturbing. And i think i never found peace with that. Life is diverse. Our thoughts are ingeniously diverse. Who we are and what we were meant for far exceeds what society has shaped us for. People are born for very different and special missions. If we do in this lifetime, give ourselves a chance to discover that, we will be incredibly happy. Deliriously happy. So it is with this, that i live. This is how i breathe. Follow me as I tell my story through a completely far- flung and unexpected medium - FASHION....as i bridge my thoughts of the world into what my hands were made to do. 

3 comments:

  1. Come dress yourself in love, let the journey begin - Francesca da Rimini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dress in love indeed! :) Life is love. Well, it all comes down to that, no?No love, no babies, no life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! You can't live without love and passion!
    Its the vigor for our very existence :)
    La Chaim!

    ReplyDelete