Monday, April 12, 2010

Peculiar Mission #2: A new lease of life & opting for a little unkemptness

So i've decided my ass has gotten abit too large to fit into my skinny grey jeans. Skinny jeans are not made for humans. I thought I was classified under skinny until I tried them on. After 1 day of suffering in my skinny jeans, I decided to transform them, to give them a new lease of life. It's nothing new. If you are sick of your old clothes or succumbed to the fact that you look hideous in them, don't throw them yet! Fabric is precious! Opt for the environmentally-friendly option of transforming it. You don't want to kill another coupla cute cotton plants to make yourself look good now, do you?

Photobucket
the very suffocating pair of skinnies
Photobucket
the liberating minis
Photobucket

I am too lazy to pack my table or crop the pictures, so don't mind the mess. Oh and then there's me in the skirt above, looking abit awkward from my tallness. I was called Xena for a night. Anyway, that's another story for another day. The grey skirt is the subject of this entry. So there it is. Rugged, distressed, grunge grey denim for a less feminine look. All that passive, elaborate femininity bores me. A little unkemptness is always good.

6 comments:

  1. liberating yes, but it's not supposed to be sexy...but thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi!! i did a similar thing once but the jeans were big so they skirt turned out kinda big-ish too. was super fun though. yours looks nice and fits better!! yay! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea, its great to transform old things. ;) You should set up a blog of your crafty stuff! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice idea, i love it. how about applying tie dye on it?

    ReplyDelete