Saturday, April 24, 2010

Chapter 7 - My Mother, May

I remember how she used to sew us (I have 2 older sisters) the prettiest dresses and some really funky ones too. I had a hard time finding old photos of them but there is one (which I will feature later). She even sew matching bed covers, cushions and curtains! She was a natural at this for some reason. But unfortunately, she has always been too busy to pass on her skill. Now, she thinks it is too tedious. She had a thing for pretty hats, and here's a picture of her in one. She had a lovely collection but now they're just collecting dust somewhere. People look silly wearing hats in Singapore even though it's a sunny island, as they call it. She probably secretly wishes she lived some place else where she could show off her hats everyday....and I only recently discovered that her father was a tailor. But he passed on last year.
I never had the chance to get to know him as we were living here in SG and he in HK. 


Photobucket
during her happier days of yore when she did not have us 
to worry about
Photobucket
she's here on the right at 57 years old, but ravishing nonetheless 
(if only she'd agree) with her friend and celebrity, Cally Kwong 
and her dog, Cash, on the left
Photobucket
with my uncle on a holiday in one of her pretty bow hats....


No comments:

Post a Comment