Monday, April 26, 2010

Chapter 8 - Of Systems, Status quo and Surpassing them

When I was 15, I wrote an essay about the importance of promoting creativity and non-conformity. It seemed this notion of protecting what people are born with, started brewing a little storm since I was teenager. I felt grossly disgusted at the acceptance of norms and systems and mostly I was struggling with it. But now I realize that there is no need to struggle, you just rise above it. The only way to beat a system is not to wish for it to change but to absorb it and understand it and then only from within, armed with that knowledge, can you change it. You couldn't fix a car if you didn't know how it worked.  I remember someone once told me going to a male Gynaecologist is like going to a mechanic who never owned a car (I found that bloody hilarious). I keep talking about preserving individuality because time and time again i look at every individual and see their uniqueness. I see how much each of us with our disparate backgrounds and philosophies is capable of contributing so much more to the world. Only we are stuck. We settle for our cushy jobs or nestle in our comfort zones. But then who am I do give advice? I can only express what I truly feel for and am impassioned with. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to sleep soundly with my brain on overdrive, neurons in fierce fight.  I am uncomfortable with accepting status quo. I am uncomfortable with being told what to do so that leaves me in perpetual cynicism. It is my wish that we are all able to discover our true purpose and to believe in it with whole-hearted conviction and fight the good fight. Or you could be content living as a manufactured robot. That's the other option you have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment