Monday, May 24, 2010

The Price of Freedom

"The inspector says I'm free. I'm free now and I was free in prison too, because freedom continues to be the thing I prize most in the world. Of course, this has led me to drink wines I did not like, to do things I should not have done which I will not do again; it has meant hurting certain people although I have since asked for their forgiveness, when I realized that I could do absolutely anything except force another person to follow me in my madness, in my lust for life. I don't regret the painful times; I bear my scars as if they were medals. I know that freedom has a high price, as high as that of slavery; the only difference is that you pay with pleasure and a smile, even when that smile is dimmed by tears." (Paulo Coelho in The Zahir)

5 comments:

  1. cherish your uniqueness dear, coz there's only one evelyn nicole liu out there.. freeloaders are not welcome haha.. you've got copyrights on your ingenuity and freedom of expression.. its your personal ice cream parlor, so grab a spoon, maybe some pistachio to go with the green? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow yea my personal ice cream parlor...that would be so nice if materialized! yum! :) yea my ice cream flavours would be named "freedom", "love", "peculiar" and an interesting one called "mr baig".

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's gotta be the sweetest compliment i've tasted, must try haha.. we will materialize your parlor :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. hong kong - port moresby accord, with a hint of pistachio :)) LoL

    ReplyDelete