Thursday, May 6, 2010

Peculiar Profile: Sarah Kan Goertzen, Queen of Mix & Match

This blog really is all about life and fashion. 
And that includes everyone and everything that inspires me in my designs and in life. Inspirations should come from life itself and not just within the field of fashion. Whether it's nature, food, animals or people, they each offer a glimpse of beauty, a flash of inspiration. This is Sarah. Someone I've known since I was 14. That makes 20 years (i just realized that, it's wild)! I adore Sarah and her original ideas. She's really discovered her inner artist. Food, fashion, interior design, she can really work magic on anything she lays her hands on. Most of all, she has an incredible amount of beauty and love in her heart and it comes through in her work. There's so much 
more she has done! Let this be a preview...

that's Sarah and I in 2004 before her wedding in Auckland
sleep is so important that it has been "framed" up
she has an incredible eye for colour and mixing and matching
her strength lies in creating surprising harmony in odd shapes and colours

how cute, you could almost hear the walls snoring
the "YUM" in her kitchen wall 
suitably so, to match her amazing culinary skills 

her banana cupcakes
bright yellow always has a way of cheering you up

yummilicious!

and my favourite, her pastel-coloured chocolate egg cake
I think these colours (sans the chocolate) would look beautiful together on a summer dress, 
don't you think?!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment