Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chapter 12: Aunt Gloria, her dream & Surrendering to Life

So we shared a nice long chat while I was sending her to the airport...she shared her joys and tribulations, the dream she had in 1994 which she remembers with such clarity and her life-changing journey to chasing that dream (literally). She vibrates with such energy and passion, and says people call her "crazy" but she hardly is. She just knows what she wants and goes all out to get it. It's hard to believe she's in her 60s with the kind of wild energy she possesses. Some of her stories make my hair stand on end but she reinforces the fact that life works in wondrous ways that is truly beyond us and that one day, it will all make sense. It was a beautiful ride...her words still lingering in my head.... I wish I could turn her stories into a book so that we could all be inspired. She's a beautiful woman who has made less than popular choices in life but she has such tangible and contagious happiness in her heart that you can't help but smile. It moves me profoundly each time I hear of rational people surrending to spiritual realities...She left me with this: One cannot find what he truly wants if he searches desperately. You merely have to surrender to life and ask what it wants you to do ( I couldn't help but think to myself that this is yet another one of life's great IRONIES). And every morning, you're going to ask yourself that. Maybe life wants something out of you and not the other way around?  Hmmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment