Monday, June 28, 2010

Chapter 20 - The Neverending Pursuit of Wisdom, A Propensity for Simplicity & some sort of Mental Vacillation

Today I received an message in my mailbox that read: "Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile..." That was lovely.   I recently enjoyed a big hearty laugh which I never did in a long while and it felt good. The email continued with, "Don't take life too seriously"...which is something I usually vacillate between. There are days when I am manic about life ( I wish I didn't have such an obsessive mental/psychological architecture) and days when I am just too exhausted. I've also rediscovered my love of being in the water which takes my mind off things for awhile. I told her and I told him that I wanted to walk away from the current situation as I felt stuck. I've never had to make a harder choice than this. All I wanted was a fresh perspective so I am doing things that I've never done in awhile and letting go of things that I held on to tightly. And then I began to understand, to see the clarity of circumstances. He said that there are 2 things that I value greatly. The first was human relationships and the second was my pursuit of wisdom. And of course, needless to say, my propensity for simplicity and straight-forwardness. I nodded in agreement because he understood. He read me like a book. He understood if I had that, I would be happy. Tonight I ponder about self-regulation and how one can use strength without being aggressive. (Entirely random thoughts again...can't help it...). By the way, I feel good that I am finally at Chapter 20. These are the chapters and lessons of my life...that hopefully you can identify with.

2 comments:

  1. looks like you're swimming with and along the currents now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes we need to take a step back and have a clearer view. Just like long sightedness. If I had an opportunity I would jump at it without any thought too..trust me..I would...

    ReplyDelete