Thursday, June 10, 2010

Chapter 17 - That F Word will keep you warm

I've always been grappling with it. I've searched countless books and had many unfulfilling conversations on this topic. Last night I brought up the topic once more and he said that as you age, you begin to believe in it. Yet few people I know, actually do. Tonight I think about her once more, as mysterious and incomprehensible as life is. I attempt to write about it so that I may understand it more. But each time I feel as lost as the last if I think about it. Maybe the greatest things in life cannot be understood but can only be felt with the heart. Maybe I need to remind myself that uncertainty is the only certainty there is, and knowing how to live with insecurity is the only security. And he said in between smiles, good people attract good things and you have to choose those whom you allow into your psyche. And he continued, "Life begins at 40". May fate and destiny keep you warm..."May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars". (Quote by Johnny Depp)

2 comments:

  1. fate however mystical is also grounded by the choices we make, in the end, there's a symbiosis between the world and all its externalities, your heart and mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes i need to write about choices next. and decisions, decisions, decisions! ;)

    ReplyDelete